Search Blog Articles

Sunday, June 13, 2010

Art Materials (Pigments)

Hi Reader,

I made a recent order from The Earth Pigments Company where I purchased (obviously) pigments. I have kept my eyes out on new ways to improve upon this subject; however, it would seem that I am improving upon a lot of subjects lately. I also don't want to get to far off the subject of encaustic; outside of the brief Art Materials posts and the random ramblings on my homepage on the environment and birds. Anyhoo, pigments are important and from what I gather are important to a lot of folks who would like to learn more.

The Earth Pigments Company looks to be one of the easier sites I have visited. Although they do not offer a huge line of colors (many earth tones), they do offer MSDS (Material Safety Data Sheet) on each of their pigments. They also have other info such as recipes and instructions; however, I would like to see them fix their recipe for encaustic- to much temper (if you get my meaning).

Thanks for reading
Jonathan Parks

P.S. I will let you know more when I get them.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails