Search Blog Articles

Saturday, July 24, 2010

Art Materials (Nielsen Bainbidge, Archival Museum Quality Mats)

Hello Reader,

This post involves presentation, important to any emerging or professional artist. Mat board is often part of this process and is often neglected; it is no wonder, considering the cost of professional boards and tools. Pre-cut or cut your own- you pay out your nose either way; also you do not want to forget the mounting board.

This has been on my list for a while now and it could be a long drug out topic; don't get me started on colored mats. I have been using Bainbidge Pre-Cut Museum Mats for several years and I like the 8-ply thick 11 x 14's for 5 x 7 prints because they fit Moleskine's watercolor tear-out pages fairly well. Archival, that is important- which they are, and they come in more sizes than what I mentioned.

Thanks for readin'
Jonathan Parks

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails