Search Blog Articles

Sunday, April 11, 2010

Earth Day


Earth Day is April 22th- How does your art impact the environment?

I am an artist and naturalist, I struggle to find the path to environmentally safe art.  Practically every medium has its environmental downfalls; choosing one medium over the other seems pointless to some degree when considering these concerns.  There are ways to lessen the impact; however, these often require financial means that are out of reach for many artists. So, what to do? The next few posts I will be focusing on this conundrum while talking a little about my own work.

Tune in and Thank you for reading
Jonathan Parks
http://www.earthday.org/

2 comments:

Hurricane Hetta said...

My earth day dance is integral. Typically, on earth day I dance in circles about a tree and finish the piece with an hour-long hug. Believe me, it's not easy -- particularly when people keep stopping to stare and point and say mean things.

Jonathan David Parks said...

Heather, how would you say your performance art impacts Chicago's environment?

Related Posts with Thumbnails