Search Blog Articles

Sunday, April 3, 2011

Art Materials (Model Kits?) Continued

As promised, I want to briefly update you all on the, "Art Materials (Model Kits?)," adventure with encaustic paint.

The future plan is to paint or dip these, roughly 3.5 inch plastic people in encaustic paint and then add them to a sculpture; generally speaking that is. I have been more inclined to work three-dimensionally for some time now and want to place a human element in some pieces.

I thought I should test how the encaustic and it's processes effect the plastic with the scraps first; for example, see what might happen under heat. I am also slightly concerned about how the wax will stay stuck to something like this; maybe I should rough it up a bit. Anyway, here are a couple of pics to show you up close what they look like out of the box.

Thank you for reading and don't forget to check back for future updates.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails